Welcome to Walk with a Doc & Just Walk!
Watertown is now a member/chapter of WWAD & JW!
It's official: Watertown is now a member community of Walk with a Doc (WWAD) & Just Walk (JW)! Walk with a Doc is an international organization whose mission is to inspire communities through movement and conversation. We are excited to offer this fantastic program in a virtual format, featuring a variety of Watertown's health professionals who will share important health information and encourage walking. There are numerous health benefits associated with walking, and it's free! As we continue to navigate life during the pandemic, our hope is to support your efforts to stay healthy and connected. Check out the steps below for more details.
Friday, January 15, Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Watertown resident and Primary Care Physician at MGH, led a Facebook Live session focused on Restorative Sleep. Watch and learn more in the video BELOW~
Upcoming Virtual Health Talk: Friday, February 12 from 1:30 - 2:00 PM featuring Dr. Jacob Mirsky with a focus on Gratitude. More details coming soon!
Step One: Health Talk
- This winter, every 2nd Friday of the month at 1:30 PM, Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH will host a ZOOM talk about a specific health topic. Registration details for the upcoming talk can be found above.
Past Virtual WWAD Videos (in 2020, WWAD virtual talks were held weekly):
- December 11th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Stress Reduction and Exercise
- December 4th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Alcohol During the Pandemic
- November 20th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Herbal Medicine and Supplements
- November 13th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Gratitude
- November 6th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Sleep and Dreams
- October 30th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Vitamin D, The Sunshine Vitamin
- October 23rd: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Nature Prescriptions
- October 16th: Wil vanDinter, Watertown's Public Health Nurse; Flu Vaccines
- October 9th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; WWAD Virtual Launch: Lifestyle Medicine
- Walk With A Doc Overview Video
Step Two: Walk or Get Moving!
After watching, and at least weekly inbetween, go out for a walk or get moving inside! Keep safety in mind and be sure to do the following:
- Wear a face covering
- Keep a healthy distance
- Enjoy the beauty of nature!
- Acknowledge your effort, every step counts!
- Explore the many walking locations in Town
- Opt for indoor activities when the weather is snowy or icy!
Walking Locations In and Around Watertown:
- Charles River Pathway
- Mount Auburn Cemetery
- Watertown’s Riverfront Park & Braille Trail
- Watertown Greenway/Community Path (enter on School Street, at Prestige Car Wash, just before Arsenal St. Google Map HERE)
- Watertown’s Linear Park (Check out the colorful mural of Town landmarks, created by Watertown high school students!)
- Watertown’s Filippello Park (109 Arlington Street)
- Gore Place
Step Three: Share
News & Announcements
WATERTOWN WALKS Summer Series at Mount Auburn Cemetery!
Watertown Walks Summer Series
Get Out Your Bike Event!
Get Out Your Bike Event!
WATERTOWN WALKS Spring Series & Challenge
Information about our spring series & challenge
Watertown Moves Cycle Event
Join us on Saturday, May 19th for our annual bike program!
Watertown Walks Winter Series
Bundle up for some fresh February air!
Snowshoeing at Gore Place