Welcome to Walk with a Doc & Just Walk!
Watertown is now a member/chapter of WWAD & JW!
It's official: Watertown is now a member community of Walk with a Doc (WWAD) & Just Walk (JW)! Walk with a Doc is an international organization whose mission is to inspire communities through movement and conversation. We are excited to offer this fantastic program in a virtual format, featuring a variety of Watertown's health professionals who will share important health information and encourage walking. There are numerous health benefits associated with walking, and it's free! As we continue to navigate life during the pandemic, our hope is to support your efforts to stay healthy and connected. Check out the steps below for more details.
This week, we're featuring Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner, whose talk focuses on Alcohol During the Pandemic. Watch and learn more in the video BELOW~
Watch for information about next Friday's (December 11) Zoom program, at 1:00 PM featuring Watertown resident, M.D., and WWAD Facilitator, Jacob Mirsky, who will talk about Stress Reduction and Exercise, followed by Q&A.
Step One: Health Talk
- Every Friday at 12:00/noon, we'll post a video featuring one of our WWAD or Just Walk Leaders who will share information about a health topic.
Past Virtual WWAD Videos:
- November 20th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Herbal Medicine and Supplements
- November 13th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Gratitude
- November 6th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Sleep and Dreams
- October 30th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Vitamin D, The Sunshine Vitamin
- October 23rd: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Nature Prescriptions
- October 16th: Wil vanDinter, Watertown's Public Health Nurse; Flu Vaccines
- October 9th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; WWAD Virtual Launch: Lifestyle Medicine
Step Two: Walk
After watching, or at a scheduled time within a day or two, go out for a walk! Keep safety in mind and be sure to do the following:
- Wear a face covering
- Keep a healthy distance
- Enjoy the beauty of nature!
- Acknowledge your effort, every step counts!
- Explore the many walking locations in Town
This week's featured location:
A National Historic Landmark located on the Watertown/Waltham line
Explore the lovely grounds, architecture, farm, and walking path/areas! line
52 Gore St. Waltham, MA - website HERE
Step Three: Share
News & Announcements
WATERTOWN WALKS Summer Series at Mount Auburn Cemetery!
Watertown Walks Summer Series
Get Out Your Bike Event!
Get Out Your Bike Event!
WATERTOWN WALKS Spring Series & Challenge
Information about our spring series & challenge
Watertown Moves Cycle Event
Join us on Saturday, May 19th for our annual bike program!
Watertown Walks Winter Series
Bundle up for some fresh February air!
Snowshoeing at Gore Place