Start Walking with Us in 3 Easy Steps!
We are here to help you start your fitness journey in three simple steps:
Step One: Health Talk
- This winter, every 2nd Friday of the month at 1:30 PM, Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH will host a ZOOM talk about a specific health topic. Registration details for upcoming talks will be posted on the Walk with a Doc Page
Past Virtual WWAD Videos (in 2020, WWAD virtual talks were held weekly):
- December 11th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Stress Reduction and Exercise
- December 4th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Alcohol During the Pandemic
- November 20th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Herbal Medicine and Supplements
- November 13th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Gratitude
- November 6th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Sleep and Dreams
- October 30th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Vitamin D, The Sunshine Vitamin
- October 23rd: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Nature Prescriptions
- October 16th: Wil vanDinter, Watertown's Public Health Nurse; Flu Vaccines
- October 9th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; WWAD Virtual Launch: Lifestyle Medicine
- Walk With A Doc Overview Video
Step Two: Walk or Get Moving!
After watching, and at least weekly in between, go out for a walk or get moving inside! Keep safety in mind and be sure to do the following:
- Wear a face covering
- Keep a healthy distance
- Enjoy the beauty of nature!
- Acknowledge your effort, every step counts!
- Explore the many walking locations in Town
- Opt for indoor walking programs!
Walking Locations In and Around Watertown:
- Charles River Pathway
- Mount Auburn Cemetery
- Watertown’s Riverfront Park & Braille Trail
- Watertown Greenway/Community Path (enter on School Street, at Prestige Car Wash, just before Arsenal St. Google Map HERE)
- Watertown’s Linear Park (Check out the colorful mural of Town landmarks, created by Watertown high school students!)
- Watertown’s Filippello Park (109 Arlington Street)
- Gore Place
Step Three: Share!
We love seeing photos our followers being active!
News & Announcements
2021 Walk with a Doc Health Talk: Stress Management
Friday, March 12th; 1:30 - 2:00 PM via Zoom
WATERTOWN WALKS Summer Series at Mount Auburn Cemetery!
Watertown Walks Summer Series
Get Out Your Bike Event!
Get Out Your Bike Event!
WATERTOWN WALKS Spring Series & Challenge
Information about our spring series & challenge
Watertown Moves Cycle Event
Join us on Saturday, May 19th for our annual bike program!
Watertown Walks Winter Series
Bundle up for some fresh February air!