Fall Fitness & Walk Series!
Thursdays, September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21 AND Friday, October 8th
TIME: 12:00 - 1:00pm
LOCATION: Saltonstall Park, on the brick plaza (149 Main St. next to Town Hall)
Co-led by Walk with a Doc Leader Linda Corinne, and Fitness Trainer Kristina Courage, with a bonus program facilitated by Walk with a Doc Leader, Dr. Jacob Mirsky (Friday, 10/8).
Each session of this 6-week program will include a short health talk, 30 - 40 minute walk (leisure or brisk pace), and fitness component (stretch, strength, balance). Walks will not take place if it rains. Rain date(s) to be announced.
Participate in at least five of the six featured programs this fall and your name will be entered into a raffle to win a $50 gift certificate!
Email HERE for a weekly email reminder with health topic & fitness focus & to be eligible for the raffle drawing.
Explore walks along the Charles River ~ take in the lovely fall foliage and experience the healing power of nature. Two walk options will be offered to accommodate those wanting a more rigorous or leisurely pace. Modifications will be suggested for all fitness exercises demonstrated.
BONUS WALK ~ with Dr. Mirsky!
Join Walk with a Doc Leader and Watertown resident Dr. Mirsky for a walk along the Charles River and have a conversation about lifestyle medicine! Walk pace will be moderate. *Participants must follow local Covid-19 guidelines for outdoor activities.
Mondays in Motion Walk/Fitness Challenge!
Mondays: May 3rd - May 24th, 12:30-1:30pm AND Friday, May 14th, 1:30pm - 2:30pm (note time change)
LOCATION: Saltonstall Park, on the red brick plaza (Main St. next to Town Hall)
About The Program: Each week, program facilitators will lead a 20 to 40-minute walk, as well as teach a variety of strength, stretching, and balancing movements.
Explore walks along the Charles River, Linear Park, and into the nearby neighborhoods while taking in the many sensory pleasures of spring. Linda Corinne, NP, will talk briefly about a health topic, and Kristina Courage, Fitness Trainer, will teach a variety of exercises for strength, flexibility, and balance. On Friday, 5/14, join Dr. Mirsky for a walk and talk, and learn more about Lifestyle Medicine including the importance of regular exercise!
The walk pace will be moderate, and modifications will be suggested for all fitness exercises demonstrated. Participants must wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Participate in at least 4 walk programs and earn a $10 gift certificate to the Watertown Farmers' Market!
Click on the map to find walk routes around Town
Virtual Health Talk & Walk Programs
We are here to help you start your fitness journey in three simple steps:
Step One: Health Talk
Upcoming Program: Friday, May 14th, 1:30 - 2:30pm Location: Saltonstall Park, on the red brick plaza (next to Town Hall) Click here for the Meet-up Location
- This past winter, Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Watertown resident, Primary Care Physician at MGH, and Walk with a Doc Leader hosted monthly ZOOM sessions on a variety of health topics. Beginning in April, Dr. Mirsky's will lead a monthly WWAD program including a short health talk followed by a 30 - 40 minute walk around the Charles River. Watch for more details about the meetup location and topic of the month.
Past Virtual WWAD Videos (in 2020, WWAD virtual talks were held weekly):
- April 9th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Spring Walk Along the Charles
- March 12: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Stress Reduction
- February 12th: Dr. Jacbo Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Gratitude
- January 15th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Restorative Sleep
- December 11th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; Stress Reduction and Exercise
- December 4th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Alcohol During the Pandemic
- November 20th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Herbal Medicine and Supplements
- November 13th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Gratitude
- November 6th: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Sleep and Dreams
- October 30th: Leila Carbunari, Registered Nurse; Vitamin D, The Sunshine Vitamin
- October 23rd: Linda Corinne, Nurse Practitioner; Nature Prescriptions
- October 16th: Wil vanDinter, Watertown's Public Health Nurse; Flu Vaccines
- October 9th: Dr. Jacob Mirsky, Primary Care Physician at MGH; WWAD Virtual Launch: Lifestyle Medicine
- Walk With A Doc Overview Video
Step Two: Walk or Get Moving!
After watching, and at least weekly in between, go out for a walk or get moving inside! Keep safety in mind and be sure to do the following:
- Wear a face covering
- Keep a healthy distance
- Enjoy the beauty of nature!
- Acknowledge your effort, every step counts!
- Explore the many walking locations in Town
- Opt for indoor walking or other movement programs!
Walking Locations In and Around Watertown:
- Charles River Pathway
- Mount Auburn Cemetery
- Watertown’s Riverfront Park & Braille Trail
- Watertown Greenway/Community Path (enter on School Street, at Prestige Car Wash, just before Arsenal St. Google Map HERE)
- Watertown’s Linear Park (Check out the colorful mural of Town landmarks, created by Watertown high school students!)
- Watertown’s Filippello Park (109 Arlington Street)
- Gore Place
Step Three: Share!
We love seeing photos our followers being active!
News & Announcements
2021 Walk with a Doc: April Walk
Friday, April 9; 1:30pm - 2:15pm
2021 Walk with a Doc Health Talk: Stress Management
Friday, March 12th; 1:30 - 2:00 PM via Zoom
WATERTOWN WALKS Summer Series at Mount Auburn Cemetery!
Watertown Walks Summer Series
Get Out Your Bike Event!
Get Out Your Bike Event!
WATERTOWN WALKS Spring Series & Challenge
Information about our spring series & challenge
Watertown Moves Cycle Event
Join us on Saturday, May 19th for our annual bike program!