Watertown Farmers’ Market
Every Wednesday, 2:30PM–6:30PM
June 17th to October 14th, 2020
(Next to Town Hall, 149 Main St)
Watertown, MA 02472
About the Market
Reopening for its 7th season this June!
The WFM will be opening as an essential food access point with a new layout and way of operating, in accordance with state and local orders for MA Farmers’ Markets during Covid-19. Our top priority is to ensure a safe shopping experience while providing access to locally grown and produced foods.
While we have eliminated music, special events, and community groups for the time being, you can still expect to find a variety of farm, as well as specialty food products, in our pleasurable, outdoor market space.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation in following our new rules and operations during Covid-19. Please help us ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone by adhering to the rules below.
1. Please do not come to the market if you are sick.
2. Wear a mask or face covering over your mouth and nose at all times.
3. Wash or sanitize hands frequently, including when entering the market.
5. Designate one family member to attend, if possible.
6. Please leave your furry friends at home (no pets allowed in the market).
7. Touchless shopping only: Do not handle products until payment is complete.
8. Vendors are not allowed to handle your reusable bags.
Expected Changes at Vendor Tents:
The vendors and market staff will be following guidelines from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Town of Watertown to make the market as safe as possible:
1. Vendors will be encouraging preorders and prepayment when possible for quicker shopping
2. All farmers/vendors will be wearing face coverings
3. Additional measures will be implemented for safe distancing between vendors and customers. Please be respectful and follow social distance markings on the ground in front of farmer/vendor tents.
4. Vendors will be the only ones handling their product and produce. Let the vendor know what you want and they will bag your order and place at point of sale after payment has been made.
5. If paying at the market, some vendors will have contactless checkouts.
6. All vendors will provide bags for purchased products as reusable bags will not be permitted.
7. Electronic card readers, tables, and high touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently throughout the market
8. Vendors will NOT be providing samples or foods and drinks to consume on the spot.
Cash, credit cards (for most vendors), SNAP, and Mass DTA.
SNAP customers can receive a match on their SNAP dollars, up to $15 extra each week when using their EBT card. Visit the Market Manager’s booth to swipe your card and receive market coupons. SNAP customers can access their HIP benefit at our market (information below).
WIC and Senior Farmers’ Market Coupons can be redeemed directly with most of our vendors. Check in at the Market Manager’s booth to get more info.
What is HIP?
The Healthy Incentives Program (HIP) is an extension of SNAP that allows you to access fresh fruits and vegetables for your household. Use your SNAP dollars on fruits and vegetables at participating farmers’ markets, mobile markets, farm stands, and CSA’s and be instantly reimbursed, up to a monthly limit.
Additional information about your HIP benefits: HERE
MBTA buses 70 and 70A.
Free 2-hour off-street parking and metered parking all around the park.
Operated through the Town of Watertown and Staffed by:
Stephanie Venizelos, Community Wellness Program Manager & Market Manager
Ashley Wenger, Market Coordinator
We welcome non-profit, business, and neighborhood groups to join us for outreach and educational activities. Due to the pandemic, we’ll be moving community education and resources on-line – watch for more!
Volunteers Needed for the 2020 Season!
Please contact Stephanie Venizelos, Community Wellness Program Manager at: email@example.com for more information.
The Watertown Farmers’ Market is a community resource for healthy food and active lifestyles. Become a part of the market! Interested in hosting a guest booth, volunteering, or performing? Tell us about your interests and/or talents, and we’ll be in touch!
Opening Day, June 17th Weekly News June 24th Weekly News July 1st Weekly News
Opening Day, June 17th Preorder Information June 24th Preorder Information July 1st Preorder Information July 8th Preorder Information
On Wednesday, July 10th at the Watertown Farmers’ Market, Community Chef Carabeth showcased select seasonal produce from the market dishing out a tasty, easy to make Sugar Snap Salad with Miso Dressing – a wonderful, delicious summer salad....